Are you looking to sell a printing business? Here are 3 reasons why Minuteman Press can help sell your business at NO COST to you!
For any business owner, the day will eventually come where it will be time to sell your business. Whether retirement is on the horizon or you simply are looking to move on to your next chapter, it is important to have an exit strategy in place, or, at the very least, have one in mind.
The good news for independent printers and print shop owners is that at Minuteman Press, we can entertain a large network of buyers – including those who do not have industry experience – and provide full training and support to continue the legacy you’ve built. Part of our growth strategy is to help independent printers sell their business and convert their store into a Minuteman Press franchise. We are looking to keep the business going and we provide your potential buyers with a tried and proven system that will be able to guide them.
For independent printers, we recognize that there is one shared quality that is truly admirable in today’s day and age: The customer always comes first. This sense of loyalty poses a unique concern for printers who have spent so many years helping their clients in every way they possibly could and are now looking to retire or sell their printing business. Beyond the fact that independent print shop owners are looking for a fair price for their business, they also tend to ask themselves, “What will happen to my customers when I sell my printing business?”
This is a question that Doug Harlan and his colleagues at Minuteman Press International have fielded hundreds of times from independent printers. Each case is unique, and as a result of his experiences, Doug is able to lend an experienced and empathetic ear to the men and women he talks to about their print shop, their customers, their livelihoods, and their lives in general. After all, Doug has been in the printing business for over 36 years, spending the past 21 of them with Minuteman Press, where he is Regional Vice President for the Chicago region.
To the question at hand, Doug answers, “Just like you, our home office and regional staff is comprised of long-time printing veterans who know how important it is to treat every customer with the respect they deserve. With our award-winning training program and continued nurturing, the buyer of your business will be in very capable hands, as will your business itself. Providing outstanding customer service and producing high quality products are the foundations of our industry, and we have the track record and reputation to make sure the legacy of your business is in the most capable hands.”
And just like everyone else at Minuteman Press International – which has been involved with printing and franchising for over 40 years – Doug Harlan prides himself on helping others succeed while they are in business as well as making sure that people who have worked so hard for so long can have the chance to exit in a fair and gracious manner when they are ready to do so.
Why is Minuteman Press a great resource for owners who are looking to sell a printing business?
To sell a print business, you have to know how to attract qualified buyers and show them how they can be successful as owners. Doug further explains why Minuteman Press is the perfect option for sellers: “The bottom line for us is that we have the printing experience and business expertise to provide that exit strategy for independent printers. Personally, I love being able to help people on both sides of the coin, and so do my colleagues. As the world’s largest printing franchise, we have the unique ability to find qualified buyers, while also possessing the industry knowledge to assess an independent printing business and get fair value for the exiting owners.”
Here are 3 benefits of utilizing Minuteman Press to sell your printing business:
1. We will get you full value for your business and not just sell accounts. Because we have specialized in the printing business for over 40 years, we have a wealth of knowledge in the industry that will help us get fair and full value for your print shop. Unlike business brokers, we have an intricate understanding of how to properly valuate and sell your store. We have been very successful at attracting qualified buyers and supporting them while in business.
2. We can sell your business to a wider range of buyers. One thing that independent print shop owners struggle with when it comes to selling a printing business is thinking they will have to sell their business to another printer or someone with printing industry experience. Because Minuteman Press offers full training and ongoing local support, we are able to take on buyers who are new to printing, and we can essentially sell your business to anyone. With an experienced corporate staff and 28 regional offices, we have successfully put those without any industry experience into business, and we will take care of all of the training for you. This further opens up the pool of prospective buyers and assures that the business will be in capable hands.
Our franchise attracts people from all walks of life and diverse professional backgrounds; one thing they do have in common is they are interested in buying a solid business. Being a #1 rated business service franchise, we have a wide range of buyers come to us looking for the opportunity to join our system. We pride ourselves into putting good people into a great business.
3. We typically can sell your business faster than a business broker and at NO COST to you! Simply put, this is what we do, and we can usually do it for you faster than a business broker and with more integrity and reliability. In fact, we are uniquely positioned to be a print business broker because of our depth of industry knowledge and experience. The bottom line is that we want to help you sell your printing business to buyers who are serious about buying it. Our experience in locating qualified buyers and our ability to offer financing options to them also saves time and removes additional legwork that you would have to do on your own should you sell independently.
What can we do for you?
- Attract buyers, qualify them and present your business to them
- Coordinate the sale
- Provide training and ongoing local support to the buyer to ensure your legacy of high quality and customer service lives on
- Vested interest: We have a vested interest in the success of the printing business that is being purchased because we want to keep our franchise system growing and thriving. Your business will be in good hands and you will be able to have peace of mind knowing that your customers will continue to be treated with the respect they deserve
- Easy Transition: You have probably asked yourself, “What happens after I sell my printing business?” Our answer is simple: When you sell your printing business through Minuteman Press, the burden of staying on to train the buyer is completely removed from your shoulders. The buyer of your business will be trained and supported by us on both the local and national levels throughout the life of the business. We will make the transition as easy and seamless as possible, saving you the time and effort that you would normally have to spend training your replacement even after the sale is completed.
More than just a financial transaction … and we understand that
At the end of the day, selling your printing business is a very personal decision that should not be taken lightly. Just like when you decided to open up the doors to your print shop for the first time, finding an exit strategy that meets your needs and eases your concerns are the most important factors. Being able to build an honest relationship with someone who can help you sell your business is a huge benefit of working with Minuteman Press during this process.
As Doug Harlan concludes, “While money certainly matters to anyone who is selling their business, this is more than just a financial transaction. It’s about helping people have a graceful exit out of their business and a dignified entrance into retirement or whatever their next chapter holds.”